Registered Nurse for Emergency Room Department for hospital in Vicksburg, Mississippi
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTERED NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION
Registered Nurse for Emergency Room Department for hospital in Vicksburg, Mississippi on nights
Are you looking for schedule flexibility and higher weekly pay? Then Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is the company for you! Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is looking for a Registered Nurse- RN that will join hospitals to provide medical care to patients. We are hiring for Registered Nurses for travel assignments throughout Arkansas and right now we have an Emergency Room Department for hospital in Vicksburg, MS available for immediate hire.
Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is a nursing staffing agency in central Arkansas that has been in business for 25 years. We have PRN and contract positions around the state of Arkansas and nationwide. We provide services to our clients by providing quality nursing staff for day and night shifts. We provide services like daily pay, schedule flexibility and affordable benefits including employer sponsored insurance (medical, dental, vision, and 401K). For RN contract positions we offer travel pay, direct deposit, and top monthly salary of $6,000/month for most contracts.
General RN Job Description:
· Observe professional ethics in maintaining, confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment of patients and their families.
· Must follow and enforce accepted Safety practices for patients and hospital.
· Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
· Must participate in safety instructional programs.
· Must demonstrate leadership to plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
· Provide appropriate communication for patient age and level of understanding.
· Provide education to patient and family within the learning ability of the patient and family.
· Assess patient needs and develop a plan of care as identified by the patient, nursing, physician and family interaction.
· Interacts with all hospital departments to coordinate patient care.
· Demonstrates emotional maturity and ability to function effectively under stress.
· Performs duties with little or no supervision.
· Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
· Performs additional tasks as assigned
· Assures quality of care by adhering to standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Emergency Room RN Job Duties:
· Performing Administrative Tasks: The ER Nurse is typically responsible for helping to coordinate incoming patients, prioritizing by deciding which patients need medical care most urgently and which patients can wait. They complete all patient documentation and continue to document the ongoing status of each patient throughout their stay. They record patient history, current condition and responses to treatment and medications to communicate this information to the physician.
· Assessing Patients: To coordinate incoming patients, the ER Nurse must quickly assess each patient’s condition and its severity. Once a patient is brought in to be seen, the ER Nurse then performs a more in-depth assessment, checking and recording the patient’s vitals, questioning the patient, and collecting patient data to be handed off to the appropriate physician. This process must be completed in a timely manner as the patients in the ER often need urgent medical attention.
· Stabilizing Patients: When a patient comes in in critical condition, the ER Nurse is often responsible for stabilizing that patient. The ER Nurse will often have to stabilize the patient with little to no information as the patient may be unconscious or otherwise unable to communicate. The ER Nurse coordinates with other medical staff such as physicians and EMS in order to complete this task.
· Administer Medications: After assisting the physician in diagnosing the patient and developing a treatment plan, the ER Nurse will administer patient medications according to the plan. This includes administering oral and injectable medication, dressing and cleaning wounds, changing dressings and assessing patient reactions to administered medication.
· Monitoring Patients: Once the patient has been stabilized and treated, the ER Nurse must monitor that patient to ensure that they remain in stable condition and continue to improve. They will regularly check and record the patient’s vital statistics, report and changes in patient condition and monitor patient treatment and medications to ensure they’re being administered properly and the patient isn’t experiencing adverse reactions. They also monitor medical equipment to make sure it is functioning properly.
General RN Qualification for Employment:
· Current state license Registered Nurse (RN)
· Must have recent/current Registered Nurse experience.
· Acute care experience required
· One (1) years+ of experience or more for this contract required.
· Must pass general Arkansas Healthcare Personnel application process including background checks, drug screen, and satisfactory reference checks.
· Current CPR (BLS) required.
· Current TB skin test required.
· Must live at least 50+ miles away from facility in some cases to qualify for travel stipend
· Overtime (OT) typically optional; OT rate may vary
· 12-hour shifts in most cases
· No physical or medical restrictions allowed
· Freedom to design your own schedule unless rotation specified
· ACLS required.
· TNCC required.
· PALS required
· Flu shot required during flu season (October 1 – April 1).
· MEB/CEN credentials prioritized
· Immunizations, resume, fit test, and other requirements available upon request.