Registered Nurse for Medical Surgical Hospital Unit in Natchez, Mississippi
CHEMO/MEDICAL/SURGICAL REGISTERED NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION
Registered Nurse for Medical Surgical Hospital Unit in Natchez, Mississippi on days or nights
Are you looking for schedule flexibility and higher weekly pay? Then Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is the company for you! Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is looking for a Registered Nurse- RN that will join hospitals to provide medical care to patients. We are hiring for Registered Nurses for travel assignments throughout Arkansas and right now we have a Medical Surgical Hospital Unit in Natchez, MS available for immediate hire.
Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is a nursing staffing agency in central Arkansas that has been in business for 25 years. We have PRN and contract positions around the state of Arkansas and nationwide. We provide services to our clients by providing quality nursing staff for day and night shifts. We provide services like daily pay, schedule flexibility and affordable benefits including employer sponsored insurance (medical, dental, vision, and 401K). For RN contract positions we offer travel pay, direct deposit, and top monthly salary of $6,000/month for most contracts.
General RN Job Description:
· Observe professional ethics in maintaining, confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment of patients and their families.
· Must follow and enforce accepted Safety practices for patients and hospital.
· Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
· Must participate in safety instructional programs.
· Must demonstrate leadership to plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
· Provide appropriate communication for patient age and level of understanding.
· Provide education to patient and family within the learning ability of the patient and family.
· Assess patient needs and develop a plan of care as identified by the patient, nursing, physician and family interaction.
· Interacts with all hospital departments to coordinate patient care.
· Demonstrates emotional maturity and ability to function effectively under stress.
· Performs duties with little or no supervision.
· Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
· Performs additional tasks as assigned
· Assures quality of care by adhering to standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
General RN Qualification for Employment:
· Current state license Registered Nurse (RN)
· Must have recent/current Registered Nurse experience.
· Two (2) years+ of experience or more for all contracts required.
· Must pass general Arkansas Healthcare Personnel application process including background checks, drug screen, and satisfactory reference checks.
· Current CPR (BLS) required.
· Current TB skin test required.
· Must live at least 50+ miles away from facility in some cases to qualify for travel stipend
· Overtime (OT) typically optional; OT rate may vary
· 12-hour shifts in most cases
· No physical or medical restrictions allowed
· Freedom to design your own schedule unless rotation specified
· Flu shot required during flu season (October 1 – April 1).
· Immunizations, resume, fit test, and other requirements available upon request.